At Truckloader Services Ltd (“Truckloader”), we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. In particular, we want you to know that Truckloader is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Truckloader, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Truckloader is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it, in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained;
- your legal rights relating to your personal data; and
- the legal basis for Truckloader processing customer personal data.
How we use your data
Truckloader will use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to manage any account that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Truckloader will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our IT providers to enable them to maintain our systems;
- credit reference agencies where necessary for account management;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Truckloader will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
What personal data we collect
Truckloader may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with Truckloader.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example credit reference agencies.
How we protect your data
Truckloader is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect the entire Truckloader IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Truckloader processing customer personal data
Truckloader collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods;
- the purposes of managing your credit account; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Truckloader, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing warranty claims by customers;
- protecting Truckloader, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Truckloader;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Truckloader; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how Truckloader uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01582 764342;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com or
- write to us at: Truckloader Services Ltd, 64-66 Bilton Way, Luton. LU1 1UU